Glading Church began as a mission in the 1920s in the Oxford Circle neighborhood. Fred Reid and Mr. Neiheiser started the mission to reach out to incoming families, working in the industrial NE Philly. Eventually, they had so many people gathering at the house on Bridge St. that they applied for a grant from the presbytery to build a sanctuary. That grant, named after the Glading Sisters, who left their families' legacy to the presbytery, paved the way for our Sanctuary building to be built in 1933. The Church grew quickly: the Gym was added in the 40s, and the CE Building was added in the 60s.